Friday 8 November 2013

Grey and Coral Gradient Leopard Nails




A few weeks ago a  friend of mine had an African themed party as she had just gotten back from Safari. I wasn't very imaginative, and decide to go as a leopard.... maybe because I had been wanting an excuse to do leopard nails. I was inspired by Melissa over at Punch nails to go with some brighter colours than a real leopard :) 

On a side note the leopard photo above was taken by my Fiance last year when we went on Safari in Botswana with his family. On our first day at Chobe national park we found her alone glaring at a hyena who had stolen an impala she had killed.  The next day we tracked her down again and found not only her, but her two cubs and a male leopard who had dragged the kill up a tree to keep it safe from other scavengers. During the night she must have found him to win back the kill, and then fetched her cubs to feed them :)
So yes... not nail art related, but one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.




I chose to do a grey background (Misa, spaced out) with coral coloured spots.  To create a gradient of corals I used a white polish (OPI alpine snow) a fluro coral (China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy) and a darker coral (Misa bop till you drop). I mixed them together to create about 5 different shades, and painted them as misshaped ovals and circles. I then used black acrylic paint to do the lines around them and complete the leopard print. If you don't have 3 different nail polish shades you could easily use just 1 colour with white to create different shades of the gradient.


If anyone is interested in dressing as a cheetah for Halloween (yes a whole year away now) or some other dress up party I also did leopard makeup which I was rather fond of.

I think this is the first photo I've put of me on my blog! I must be feeling more comfortable :P




Thanks for visiting :)

(And Cheers!)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Your nails & makeup turned out really nice!

    Also, I am so jealous of the leopard picture. I wish I could be that close to take a photo like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddy :) Yes it was very surreal being so close to a leopard in the wild! We got really lucky and had an amazing guide who was able to track the animals.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I read every single one from both new and old posts, and will do my best to respond to any questions you may have in a timely fashion :)